Easy Avocado-Lime Black Bean Salad (adapted from a recipe on Oh She Glows)
- 2 1/2 cups black beans, soaked and cooked (see our infographic for info on cooking beans) OR 2 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions: In a large bowl toss the beans with lime juice, cilantro leaves, diced shallot, and ground cumin. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Peel and slice an avocado, and serve the beans at room temperature, with chopped avocado on top or mixed throughout the salad.
Makes 3-4 servings.