Many vegans know other people who really seem like they should be vegan but are not (yet!). If that’s your situation, feel free to share this post with those people! You never know when a seed planted with start to grow.
*Note: We at Vegan Mainstream believe that everyone has a vegan being inside of them. Some are just closer to the surface than others!
You know you’re meant to be vegan when…
1) You love animals and can’t stand the thought of harm coming to them. Many vegans-to-be start out feeling this way about their pets, and then, as they learn more about animals that are used for food in our society, the education and change begins.
2) You start to think twice about squishing spiders and other insects when you find them in your house. Good job! It’s easy to gently put them outside instead.
3) You start to realize how UN-deprived vegans are and how many delicious plant-based foods there are out there to eat!
4) You fall in love with food all over again – I’m not kidding – you’re thinking about it all the time!
5) You read the material label on new closet additions before the price tags.
6) Tofu, tempeh, quinoa and bulgur become part of your everyday vocabulary.
7) You find yourself accosting other shoppers to share your enthusiasm about new vegan products.
8) You start planning vacations around the vegan restaurants you want to visit.
9) You have a feeling that the health of the planet is connected to good food, and your own health (and you’re SO right!).
10) You’re reading this article!
Good luck with your vegan transition! Stay tuned to the Vegan Mainstream blog for lots of helpful articles for new and seasoned vegans.