If you’re like me, nothing inspires you to roll up your sleeves and get baking like a mouthwatering image. I must make it, and then I must eat it – or at least I must eat a little bit of it and share it with my appreciative family…especially my three adorable vegan nephews who now recognize anything I make for them as “Oh, it’s a Vegan Love _______”. And so, I have gone on a search to find some photographs to make your tummy rumble:
1) This has to be number one, since the image on the front of this cookbook actually made my buy it WITHOUT even looking inside. It was a gut instinct, and a good one – it’s one of my favorite baking recipe books…
2) When I see images like this one, it makes me chuckle to think that many people consider that vegans are deprived because of their “limited” diet. Poor us. Thanks Isa! Check out the Vegan Cupcakes take over the World Blog for the recipe, and more like this:
3) I’m a big scone fan, and Char Tomlinson of Char’s Kitchen inspired me with this image of (and recipe for) Maple Oat Pecan Scones, which she posted as a guest contributor on Vegan Mainstream during Vegan MOFO last October:
4) Dreena Burton has got to be one of my all-time favorite cooks, period. Her recipes are healthy, delicious, easy-to-make – and they make you look like you know what you are doing! For the past month or so I’ve been living off recipes from her book, Eat, Drink and Be Vegan. Here’s a delicious-looking recipe for Frosted B-raw-nies that I’m going to have to try out:
5) And inspired by all of these fabulous vegan cooks and bakers, I have started taking photos of some of my own creations; and here is one I will share with you from Easter morning…Apple Almond Pancakes (with my husband’s own family’s maple syrup). Mmmmm…..